Members... below are the official Rules, Terms and Conditions around the TopStocks Tipping Feature.
The Rules, Terms and Conditions of the TopStocks Tipping Feature are as follows…
1. TopStocks.com.au, TopStocks Pty. Ltd. and the TopStocks Unit Trust are included in the definition of TopStocks where the name TopStocks is used below.
2. Members can place their tips at any time of the day, and any day.. into the TopStocks Tipping portal
3. Each tip, is effectively a ‘pretend’ trade that the member wishes performed for the purposes of competing and participating in the competition
4. Members will input how many shares they would like to invest in for each tip (each stock)
5. The ‘rank points’ used, will be deducted from the member’s ‘rank account’
6. All stocks on the ASX can be ‘tipped’ long
7. Only stocks which are allowed on the TopStocks Short List can be tipped ‘short’
8. The TopStocks allowed ‘Short List’ can be seen here
9. TopStocks reserves the right to add or remove stocks from the above Short list from time to time without notice.
10. TopStocks reserves the right to change the allowable values from the Short list from time to time without notice.
11. Any accepted trade (pending, open or closed) on a stock by the TopStocks System will be honoured, even if this stock is removed from the Short list after the trade was initiated.
12. For brokerage, each tip (successful trade) will cost the member a number of rank points equivalent to 0.1% of the trade’s value
13. Brokerage rank points will be deducted at the time of successfully entering a trade
14. No brokerage will be deducted at the time of closing a trade
15. All trades requests (‘to open’ and ‘to close’ a trade) can be cancelled prior to the trade being actioned
16. Trades need to be ‘closed’ so that rank points can be credited back into the member’s rank account à this will NOT happen automatically
17. For TopStocks regular competitions, the winner will be determined on ‘closed’ trades only, i.e .those trades which are closed in the tipping system before 11:59pm Sydney time on the last day of the competition period.
18. There is no maximum limit on the number of trades a competitor can perform
19. All trade requests (‘to open’ or ‘to close’) will be actioned at 11pm Sydney time on Monday to Friday, after TopStocks receives it’s daily data
20. Trade requests (‘to open’ or ‘to close’) will be actioned using TopStocks Data ‘Close’ prices from the most recent ASX trading session, normally the ASX session from the same day
21. If no ASX trading occurs on a particular day, due to example: a public holiday or a share being suspended or placed under Trading Halt, then the last close ‘price’ that TopStocks has received, will be used by the System
22. TopStocks competitors acknowledge that the event is provided for entertainment and educational purposes only.
23. TopStocks members acknowledge that any information supplied in relation to this feature applies only to this feature, and such information should have no bearing on how a person should invest in the share-market.
24. TopStocks members using this feature accept that such information is not advice, nor recommendation of any financial products or investment strategies.
25. TopStocks members using this feature acknowledge that they should consider obtaining independent advice before making any financial decision.
26. TopStocks members using this feature that the Competition Rules may not necessarily correspond with real day to day ASX trading.
27. TopStocks is not responsible or liable for any problems of any internet or computer systems (hardware and software) or providers which competitors may believe has caused them loss or harm.
28. If, for any reason, the event can not start or complete, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, hacking or service denial problems, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of TopStocks, TopStocks reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the tipping feature and/or access to the feature of which notice will be given.
29. TopStocks Members release and hold harmless TopStocks and their directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this feature
30. The feature is open to all TopStocks members, both International and Australian
31. Members are solely responsible for all acts and omissions that occur within their account.
32. Unauthorised use of another competitor's TopStocks account is a breach of the Terms and Conditions and Rules and will result in that competitor's automatic disqualification from using the feature.
33. TopStocks accepts no responsibility for any transactions resulting from unauthorised access to the TopStocks account of any member, and accept no liability for any resulting damage, injury or loss.
34. TopStocks reserves the right to refuse access to the feature or disqualify any members found to be cheating or tampering with the operation of the feature or is in breach of the TopStocks and feature Terms and Conditions.
35. TopStocks also reserves the right to refuse access to the feature or disqualify any member found to be engaging in insider trading, or market manipulation or with intent to persecute, defame, abuse, threaten or harass any other TopStocks member.
36. In addition, TopStocks reserves the right to refuse access to the event or disqualify any members found to be engaging in any conduct which, in the sole discretion of TopStocks, is deemed to be contrary to, or in breach of, the entertainment, family community and educational purpose of the feature.
37. Members acknowledge that TopStocks may publish on the TopStocks website or at any other location, details of the current leaders including the competitor's member ID and may promote the event through the publication of these details, including on social networking sites such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
38. Topstocks Members will be able to search in detail, all competitors open and closed trades/tips
39. TopStocks reserves the right to publish a competitor's trades (open and closed) within the TopStocks forums for marketing and discussion purposes
40. TopStocks decisions regarding the any competition winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
41. An order to buy or sell shares may be placed at any time of the day during the event
42. Only shares that are part of the TopStocks regular list, which receive market close updates every trading day, may be traded.
43. TopStocks reserves the right to amend a members 'rank-on-hand' points if any errors occur. However, TopStocks.com.au accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage from this correction, even if in error.
44. Dividends will NOT be credited to competitor’s account where dividends are paid by the company in question.
45. Bonus Shares will NOT be credited to competitor’s account where dividends are paid by the company in question.
46. In the event that a stock is placed in a trading halt on the ASX market, the corresponding stock will NOT be placed in a trading halt in the event.
47. If there is a trading halt on a stock at the end of the event, the last close price before the trading halt will be used for final valuation purposes.
48. In the event that a stock is placed into suspension on the ASX market, the corresponding stock will NOT be placed into suspension in the event.
49. If there is a suspension on a stock at the end of the event, the last close price before the suspension will be used for final valuation purposes.
50. In the event that a stock is delisted on the ASX market, the corresponding stock will be frozen in the event and may take a zero stock value.
51. In the event that a company is delisted, competitors will receive NO rank balance nor rank profit compensation.
52. When a split occurs, no adjustments will be made by TopStocks to closed or open related trades.
53. When a de-merger occurs, no adjustments will be made by TopStocks to closed or open related trades.